Holiday feasts can be stress free with recipes like this Orange Honey Glazed Slow Cooker Ham. A few simple ham glaze ingredients poured over a spiral ham then slow cooked right in your crockpot.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more info.
Crockpot Spiral Ham with Orange-Honey Glaze
The holidays can be a crazy stressful time of year, especially Christmas. Between the parties, gift buying and planning the holiday feasts it can get overwhelming.
This Crockpot Ham Recipe will take a little of that stress away, as far as holiday main courses it doesn’t get easier. Just mix the glaze ingredients, pour them over the ham in the slow cooker and cook on low.
How Do You Cook A Spiral Ham Without Drying It Out
That is the great thing about this Ham Cooked In A Slow Cooker, it traps the moisture and juices in. This makes crockpot ham very forgiving and helps to prevent dry ham.
Here are more main sources for your holiday feast:
Ingredients Needed For Orange Honey Glazed Crockpot Ham (screenshot for grocery list)
- 7 Lb Precooked Spiral Ham
- Navel Oranges
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Dark Brown Sugar
What Type Of Ham Is Best For The Crockpot
We are reheating at a low slow temp so you want to use a precooked spiral ham. Other than that it is your choice as far as smoked or not smoked, bone-in or no bone, etc. I prefer the bone-in but it is not necessary.
Size should be your biggest concern. Take note of the depth and shape of your slow cooker before purchasing a ham. The ham being able to fit inside your crockpot is the most important thing. You cannot depend on weight alone. All hams vary in shape and size.
You will want to remove all wrapping, glaze packets and the little plastic disc inserted into the end of some hams before placing the ham into your crockpot.
How Do You Cook Ham In A Crockpot
- Remove all wrapping, glaze packets and the little plastic disc inserted into the end of some hams.
- Grease the bottom of large oval slow cooker, place ham inside. Ham can be flat side down, on the side or however it fits best within your slow cooker.
- Mix orange juice, mustard, brown sugar and honey. Pour most of mixture over the top of the ham, reserve approximately 1/4 cup of the glaze. Place fresh herbs around ham.
- Latch slow cooker lid and cook on LOW for 4 hours or until ham reaches 145ºF internal temp.
- Baste the ham 2-3 times during cook time. Be sure to do this as quickly as possible so heat does not escape.
- Drizzle remaining glaze over ham the last 30 minutes of cook time.
- Once ham is done, remove from slow cooker. Transfer to serving platter.
- Transfer liquid at bottom of slow cooker to small saucepan. Add a bit more brown sugar to taste. Gently boil on medium/high for 15-20 minutes to reduce into a glaze for ham.
What Internal Temp Do You Cook Ham To
The general rule is to cook ham to 145ºF internal temp. Here is a → Ham Food Safety ← page to reference for more details.
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Ham
How To Use Leftover Ham
*Apple cider, water or pineapple juice can be used instead of OJ As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Nutrition Information Yield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 568Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 203mgSodium 3155mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 1gSugar 34gProtein 71g
*Apple cider, water or pineapple juice can be used instead of OJ
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.