These Candy Cane Christmas Cupcakes will make kids and adults happy this holiday season! Eggless Cupcakes topped with dairy free frosting and crushed candy canes. No one will even know that this is a vegan cupcake recipe.
Homemade Vegan Cupcakes
I just love fun and festive holiday dessert recipes. And it doesn’t get more jolly than these Candy Cane Cupcakes!
These eggless cupcakes are topped with dairy free peppermint buttercream frosting and crushed candy canes. Santa is going to love this holiday treat!
I have to admit that I didn’t have very high expectations when I decided to create a vegan cupcake recipe. It seemed almost impossible to make a delicious frosted cupcake without eggs and butter.
But, these cupcakes are BETTER than my regular cupcakes. I don’t know what that says about my regular cupcakes. Both are delicious. I am absolutely surprised by how amazing these cupcakes are. They do not taste like anything is missing.
My Mom took several cupcakes to a bake sale. Her vegan coworkers were so excited to have a dessert option and the feedback was really positive. They wanted the recipe!
And look how gorgeous these cupcakes are. Definitely the shining star on your holiday dessert table!
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Butter* - softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Silk Unsweetened Organic Soymilk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Vegan Butter - softened
- 2½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Silk Unsweetened Organic Soymilk
- 2-4 Drops Peppermint Oil, to taste
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add soymilk and vanilla. Mix.
- Gradually add dry ingredients while mixing.
- Divide the batter between 6 muffin tins prepared with paper liners.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean.
- Transfer to rack and cool completely before frosting.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the butter for 30 seconds.
- Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Scrape the sides in between each addition and start mixing slow then increase to medium/high. Mix for 30 seconds between each sugar addition.Stop and scrape down sides.
- Add soymilk and peppermint oil.
- Mix on medium/high speed for 3-4 minutes. Frosting will be light in color and fluffy.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 5 minutes before frosting cupcakes.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and top with crushed candy canes.
*Vegan Butter can be found in the butter section of your grocery store. Please be aware that all margarine is not vegan. Look for vegan labeling.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 659Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 81mgSodium 465mgCarbohydrates 84gFiber 1gSugar 65gProtein 5g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Get in the holiday spirit with these Holly Jolly Candy Cane Cupcakes!
More To Sweeten Your Holidays. . .1