This Orange Honey Baked Ham Recipe makes a wonderful Christmas Dinner. Making your Holiday Dinner couldn’t be easier than this Glazed Spiral Ham. The glaze is only 4 ingredients mixed together and slathered over your holiday ham. This recipe is Paleo friendly, gluten free and dairy free.
How To Make Honey Baked Ham
Slather your ham in honey and bake it. Okay, seriously though. There are a few more steps but not many. This Orange Honey Baked Ham Recipe is super simple. I wanted to keep this holiday ham as low effort as possible so you can enjoy time with family and friends instead of spending your time babysitting a ham.
How do you keep a spiral ham from drying out?
Cover your spiral ham with foil to keep that moisture in. I also like to add a small amount of water to the roasting dish to prevent it from drying out.
Don’t over cook the ham. Most hams are already cooked so we are really just reheating for the most part.
How long do you cook a spiral ham?
I use the 10 minutes per pound rule, approximately. And I cook my hams at 325ºF. If your ham is not already cooked, bake for 20 minutes per pound or until internal temp reaches 140ºF.
Ingredients needed for Orange Honey Baked Ham (screenshot for grocery list)
- 7 Lb Bone In Spiral Ham
- Dijon Mustard
How To Cook Honey Baked Ham
- Preheat oven to 325ºF
- Place ham flat side down in roasting pan. Add water to the bottom of pan. Cover with foil, leaving a small opening to vent. Bake for 1 hour.
- Mix honey, mustard, orange zest and juice.
- Increase heat to 400ºF. Remove foil and glaze ham with 1/3 of the honey mixture. Bake 10 minutes uncovered.
- Glaze with half of the remaining honey mixture and bake 10-15 more minutes. Until internal temp reaches 140ºF.
- Remove ham from oven. Glaze with the remaining honey mixture being sure to get glaze in between slices. Transfer to serving platter. Garnish with orange slices and rosemary.
What To Serve With Spiral Ham
What To Do With Leftover Holiday Ham
Nutrition Information Yield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 660Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 254mgSodium 3930mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 1gSugar 32gProtein 88g