These Garlic Rosemary Whole 30 Meatballs are an easy, nutritious and versatile dinner recipe. Meatballs make a great healthy main course, then just add vegetables on the side.
This recipe is Whole 30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Keto, Low Carb and Dairy Free.
How To Make Whole 30 Meatballs – Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Keto, Low Carb
Step 1: Mix all ingredients together. Be sure not to over-mix to prevent tough meatballs.
Step 2: Roll mixture into balls (approximately the size of golf balls). Wet hands with water during the process to prevent meat from sticking to hands. Transfer to a greased baking dish.
Step 3: Bake at 400ºF for 25-30 minutes. Broil on high 3-4 minutes to brown tops.
What Can Be A Substitute For BreadCrumbs In Meatballs?
This recipe uses almond meal in place of breadcrumbs. But most any mild flavored ground nut would work. I have also seen mashed potatoes used in place of the breadcrumbs, but I have yet to try that method. Once I do, I’ll report back.
Can Meatballs Be Frozen?
Absolutely. Meatballs can be precooked then frozen. Or you can prepare the meatballs and freeze them raw. They should be good in the freezer 2-3 months.
What To Serve With Whole 30 Meatballs:
What Kind Of Sauce Goes With Whole 30 Meatballs:
Ingredients In Whole 30 Meatballs:
- Ground Beef
- Ground Pork
- Large Eggs
- Almond Meal
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Garlic Cloves
- Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Lb Ground Pork
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Almond Meal*, (or breadcrumbs for non Whole30)
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 3 Garlic Cloves, (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- Extra Garlic Cloves and Rosemary for Roasting Dish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Mix all ingredients together. Be sure not to over-mix to prevent tough meatballs.
- Roll mixture into balls (approximately the size of golf balls). Wet hands with water during the process to prevent meat from sticking to hands. Transfer to a greased baking dish.
- Tuck whole garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs down in between meatballs.
- Bake at 400ºF for 25-30 minutes (depending on size). Broil on high 3-4 minutes to brown tops.
*For extra lean ground meats use 1/4 cup almond meal to avoid dry meatballs.
Makes 18-20 meatballs depending on size. Nutrition info is based on approximately 4 meatballs per serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 842Total Fat 57gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 33gCholesterol 301mgSodium 804mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 69g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
This post contains affiliate links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to purchase. . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support! Nutrition information on this recipe is approximate.132