This Easy French Dip Sandwich Recipe requires just a few simple ingredients and about half an hour. Oven baked French Dips are perfect for parties, game-day or holidays. Great for feeding a hungry crowd!
Oven Baked Sandwiches
This is just a super easy baked sandwich recipe that will satisfy everyone. Layer on the meat and cheese, brush with melted butter then bake. It’s that easy.
Traditional French Dips are made with roast beef. But, you can always swap out the roast beef for turkey and make turkey dips.
This recipe calls for deli meat but you can also use shredded roast beef. Here is a shredded beef recipe: SLOW COOKER MISSISSIPPI ROAST
My preferred sliced cheese is Havarti. Traditional French Dips use Swiss cheese or provolone. Or to add a little spice you could use pepper jack cheese.
Rolls are best for French Dips. I use French bread rolls but sour dough works great too.
FRENCH DIP STORAGE AND REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS:
Wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator. Use within 3 days.
To reheat, wrap tightly in foil. Bake at 350ºF for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
What To Serve With These Sandwiches:
More Sandwich Recipes:
- 6 Hoagie Rolls
- 1/2 Cup Butter - softened
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Minced Onions
- 12 Slices Havarti Cheese
- 1 Lb Sliced Deli Roast Beef (rare is best)
- 0.6oz Packet Dried Au Jus
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Mix butter and dried onions. Spread half the butter mixture on the inside of the rolls. Set aside remaining butter mixture.
- Layer cheese, meat and more cheese inside rolls. Transfer rolls to baking dish..
- Microwave remaining butter mixture for 10-15 seconds to melt. Brush butter mixture over rolls.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and melty.
- Prepare au jus according to package instructions.
- Serve sandwiches hot with au jus.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 518Total Fat 39gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 141mgSodium 1314mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 31g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.