Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets are better than any fast food. You’ll never want to hit the drive-thru again once you make this copycat recipe. These chicken bites are made with simple ingredients and are Paleo, Keto, Low Carb, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Whole30 and Gluten Free.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more info.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets – Keto, Low Crab, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Step 1: Preheat air fryer at 400ºF for 5 minutes.
Step 2: Coat chicken nuggets bites in egg then dredge in almond flour mixture. Once all nuggets are coated in flour, dredge a second time.
Step 3: Evenly layer nuggets in oiled air fryer basket and air fry at 400ºF for 10-12 minutes.
Can Chicken Nuggets Be Healthy
Yes! Thanks to air fryer technology we can enjoy healthy chicken nuggets with crips outsides and juicy insides. Here is the air fryer I use: Power Air Fryer XL
These nuggets are also healthier than store bought or fast-food because you control the ingredients. No weird chemicals or mystery meats are involved in this recipe. And because we use almond flour this recipe is gluten free.
If you like this recipe you will love this AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE. . .perfect for an easy dinner or meal prep.
Ingredients Needed For Homemade Chicken Nuggets – Air Fryer
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Large Egg
- Almond Flour
- Sea Salt
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Watch the video to see these Chicken Nuggets being prepared. Sometimes it helps to have a visual example and you will see just how easy this recipe really is!
- 1 Lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, (cut into 1" nuggets)
- 1 Large Egg, (beaten)
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder, (optional)
- Prep ingredients:
- Cut chicken breast into nuggets.
- Lightly beat egg in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder and chili powder.
- Preheat air fryer at 400ºF for 5 minutes.
- While air fryer is preheating prepare nuggets.
- Coat chicken nuggets bites in egg then dredge in almond flour mixture. Once all nuggets are coated in flour, dredge a second time.
- Evenly layer nuggets in oiled air fryer basket and air fry at 400ºF for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Give them a shake about half way through cooking time. (I usually break the largest nugget apart to check for doneness) Do Not Forget To Oil The Basket!
This recipe yields approximately 12 nuggets - 2 servings.
If doubling this recipe, nuggets need to be air fried in 2 separate batches to ensure a crisp outer coating.
These are best eaten fresh. If reheating, air fry for 2 minutes at 400ºF to crisp back up.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 746Total Fat 39gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 286mgSodium 2359mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 8gSugar 3gProtein 86g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.