Hot Italian Sandwiches baked in the oven. Meaty Cheesy Sub Sandwiches, great for feeding a large crowd! Layers of pepperoni, salami, ham, giardiniera and mozzarella tucked into a sandwich roll that has been buttered and seasoned. Then just bake until hot, melty and ready to devour!
Delicious food does not have to be complicated. These Hot Italian Sandwiches prove it!
This post is sponsored by Oscar Mayer.
The best thing about these Hot Italian Sandwiches is that you can easily make enough to feed a large crowd. So they are great for family functions, parties or game day food!
Simple Recipe + Few Dishes + Guaranteed Crowd Pleasing Meal = Winner!
I have a love affair with sandwiches. For Real. People used to tell me that I should open up my own sandwich shop.
But I’m more interested in eating sandwiches than making them for the masses. If I did have a sandwich shop these Hot Italian Sandwiches would definitely be on the menu!
Tips → Tricks → Suggestions →
- Pre-assemble these sandwiches and then they ready to go into the oven when you need them.
- Don’t have giardiniera mix? An olive mixture tastes great too!
- Leave sandwiches uncovered during baking for slightly crisp edges. Or, cover with foil to have soft-baked style sandwiches.
- Assembling these sandwiches is a great way to put the kids to work!
More easy baked sandwiches for your dinner table or party →
Baked Muffalata Sandwiches
Baked Pepperoni Pizza Sandwiches
Baked Turkey and Cheese Sandwiches by LemonTree Dwelling
Baked Deli Sandwich by Taste of Home
Baked Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches by Dinner then Dessert
Cheesy French Onion Chicken Sandwiches
Don’t skip this Italian Herbed Butter! Slather it on the sandwich rolls for the ultimate hot sub sandwich experience.
Plus, everything is better with butter!
Check Out The VIDEO ⇊⇊⇊⇊
Here are some items you may need for this recipe: (affiliate links)
- 6 Hoagie Rolls
- 4 ounces Sliced Salami
- 4 ounces Large, Thinly Sliced Pepperoni
- 9 ounces Sliced Ham
- Thin Sliced Mozzarella 24 slices
- Giardiniera Mix optional
- 1/2 stick Butter - softened
- 1 teaspoon Dry Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix butter and Italian season. Evenly spread butter on inside of hoagie rolls.
- Layer 2 slices of mozzarella, 2 slices salami, 2 slices pepperoni and 2 slices ham. Top with giardiniera mix and 2 more slices of mozzarella.
- Once sandwiches are assembled, place into a large baking dish. Make sure they are tightly pressed together sideways with the open side facing up.
- Bake for 10 minutes for a hot melty sandwich. (bake longer if you prefer a toasted sandwich)
I had leftover meat. So feel free to add extra if you want a meatier sandwich.
I am always texting my little brother to come get food. If I ate everything I made for my site I would have to spend 6 hours a day at the gym!
After my first bite of this sandwich I knew I needed them out of my house. I could have eaten the entire batch!
This was my brother’s response after tasting the sandwiches…
Thank Goodness for Little Brothers that eat all of my recipe creations!
This post contains affiliate amazon links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to amazon . . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!