Skip the drive-thru and make this Homemade Chick Fil A Chicken Sandwich right at home. Fried chicken breast, cheese, tomato, lettuce and pickle on a soft bun makes the perfect lunch or dinner.
FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICH
Skip the drive-thru line and make your chicken sandwich craving right at home. It’s easier than you think and ends up tasting better because you control the ingredients.
Chicken breast soaked in pickle juice, breaded then fried in peanut oil. Served on a buttery toasted bun with pickles, lettuce and tomato.
DOES CHICK-FIL-A SOAK THEIR CHICKEN IN PICKLE JUICE?
Apparently they do use pickle juice as a quick brine. And that’s what we are doing to.
It adds that nice pickle flavor and makes the chicken extra tender.
MORE COPYCAT FAST FOOD RECIPES:
Taco Bell Beef Meximelts – Wendy’s Chili– Oreo Frappuccino – Taco Bell Mexican Pizza – Mini White Castle Burgers – Arby’s Sauce & Roast Beef Sandwiches – Iced Pineapple Matcha Latte – Secret Fry Sauce – Grilled Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast filets, or boneless skinless chicken breast cut in half through the thickness, pounded flat
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Peanut oil, for frying
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 1 tablespoon Salted Butter
- Sliced Pickles
- Sliced Tomato
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Sliced Colby Jack or Pepper Jack Cheese
1. Soak chicken filets in dill pickle juice for one hour in the refrigerator.
2. Heat peanut oil in a large skillet or deep-fryer over medium-high heat to 375 degrees.
3. Drain pickle juice from chicken pieces and pat chicken dry with paper towels.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and paprika. Set aside.
5. Mix the milk and egg until well blended. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk & egg mixture and then toss in the flour mixture. Shake off extra flour and gently place the chicken into hot peanut oil.
6. Fry the chicken filet for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until the chicken reaches 165ºF internal temp and juices run clear. Transfer. to clean paper towels to drain.
7. On a griddle over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Place the hamburger buns with the open face down onto the griddle. Grill for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
8. Serve fried chicken filets on buns with preferred toppings.
To make the chicken in the air fryer, follow the marinating and seasoning instructions as directed. After breading, spray the chicken filets heavily with olive oil spray. Place the chicken onto the air fryer basket, which has been prepared with nonstick cooking spray. Put the basket in an air fryer preheated to 370ºF and cook the chicken for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping the filets and spraying with olive oil spray halfway through the cooking time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 863Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 221mgSodium 3415mgCarbohydrates 81gFiber 3gSugar 23gProtein 69g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.