Movie night just got even better with these Chunky Monkey Popcorn Bars! Popcorn marshmallow bars filled with chocolate chunks, banana chips and walnuts. This dessert snack recipe will be a fun family treat!
I am proud to be partnering with JOLLY TIME Pop Corn and Mom It Forward Blogger Network to bring you this tasty recipe!
You Guys!!! These Chunky Monkey Popcorn Bars are an absolute MUST make! I’m just a weee bit obsessed with popcorn bars because they are so easy to make, crazy delicious and can be flavored with just about anything. I was inspired by the flavors from Chunky Monkey ice cream: Banana, Chocolate and Walnuts.
So. So. So. Good. Absolutely perfect for movie night with the kiddos!
This simple treat begins with my favorite microwave popcorn. . . JOLLY TIME Pop Corn! JOLLY TIME Pop Corn is a family-owned 101 year old company. They know their stuff!
I used the lightly sweetened Kettle Mania Pop Corn. It adds just a touch of saltiness to this sweet treat.
JOLLY TIME Pop Corn offers a wide variety of popcorn. For these Chunky Monkey Popcorn Bars you can use Crispy’n White, Kettle Mania or the air popped White Pop Corn. Save the buttery popcorn for eating straight outta the bowl.
Ooey-Gooey and oh, so Chewy! Isn’t it Glorious!?!?!
My daughter and nephew LOVED these popcorn bars! They enjoyed a relaxing movie night that involved lots of popcorn and a movie about zombies at summer camp. All in all, a really great night of fun and memories.
Movie night is a weekly occurrence at my house. We keep it relaxed and simple. The kids choose a cheesy 80’s movie. I make a sweet treat and popcorn. Then we snuggle up and enjoy the movie without distractions. Phones, off, tablets down and lights dimmed.
The kids love to watch the air popper. They just think it is the most amazing thing ever! I can remember feeling the same way when I was a kid.
My daughter really loves her popcorn. She shovels it in by the handful.
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 8 Cups Popped JOLLY POP Kettle Mania Pop Corn, or air popped corn
- 10 ounces Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Cup Chopped Banana Chips
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chunks
- Prepare 9x13 pan. Line with foil and spray generously with nonstick.
- In large bowl combine marshmallows and butter. Microwave on high until marshmallows fluff up to double their size (between 1-2 minutes depending on microwave). Remove from microwave and stir to combine marshmallows and butter.
- Add popcorn and stir until mostly coated.
- Add banana chips and walnuts. Stir to combine.
- Gently fold the chocolate chunks in a little at a time to prevent it form melting too much.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and press down firmly with hands or bottom of a cup.
- Allow to cool. Remove from pan and carefully peel foil from bottom. Cut into 12 squares. Serve.