Make this Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe to cure your fast food craving. Homemade Mexican Pizza is quick and easy to make for a fun dinner idea.
Homemade Mexican Pizza – Taco Bell Style
I have been making these Taco Bell inspired Mexican Pizzas for years. These are easy to make and taste so much better than fast food. Not only are the ingredients better but we are adding extra flavors to take it up a notch.
I never in a million years would’ve thought Taco Bell would discontinue the Mexican Pizza because they are so popular. It’s a good thing we can make them at home.
Is The Mexican Pizza Leaving Taco Bell?
Yes! Crazy, right? I’m pretty sure it’s already gone. I always thought the Mexican Pizza was a Taco Bell specialty, kinda like it’s unofficial mascot. It was always the most popular item of everyone I’ve ever known. But, Taco Bell did in fact decide to ax it from the menu.
Ingredients Needed For Homemade Mexican Pizzas (screenshot for grocery list)
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Flour Tortillas
- Refried Beans
- Mild Salsa (not the kind with liquid)
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Shredded Cheddar/Jack Cheese
- Sliced Olives
- Roma Tomatoes
- Shredded Lettuce
- Green Onions
- Sour Cream
How To Make Taco Bell Mexican Pizzas
- Prepare ground beef and taco seasoning according to package instructions. Use a potato masher to break ground beef into smaller crumbles. (This creates a more Taco Bell style ground beef) Set aside.
- Heat oil in fry pan over medium/high heat. Fry each tortilla until lightly browned and crisped. Use just enough oil to grease the bottom of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Place one tortilla on greased rimmed baking sheet. Top tortilla with refried beans, spread. Next, layer taco meat and salsa. Top with a second tortilla. Coat tortilla with enchilada sauce. Top with shredded cheese, olives, tomatoes and a little more cheese. Repeat this process 3 more times to make 4 Mexican Pizzas in total.
- Bake pizzas 5-7 minutes to heat and melt cheese. Serve topped with shredded lettuce, sliced green onions and sour cream.
More Easy Mexican Food Favorites
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 657Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 90mgSodium 1629mgCarbohydrates 51gFiber 8gSugar 5gProtein 34g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.