Get your Arby’s Roast Beef fix without leaving home! With this Copycat Arby’s Sauce Recipe you can make your own version of the fast food favorite!
Homemade Arby’s Roastbeef Sandwich
I can’t tell you how many recipes I have stockpiled that have yet to be shared. This Arby’s Sauce Recipe is one of those that almost fell through the cracks.
I worked on this copycat recipe almost a year ago then got distracted.
Last week while grocery shopping I had the deli clerk shave some roast beef for me. I thought to myself how great the roast beef would taste on a soft bun, almost like an Arby’s Roast Beef Sandwich.
If only I had the Arby’s Sauce. Then I had a flashback to a year ago when I made several batches of sauce until I got it right. Better late than never!
This sauce is great on a roast beef sandwich, but it would allow be wonderful served alongside these Air Fryer Frozen French Fries, Secret Fry Sauce Recipe, Healthy Chicken Fingers, Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf or Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets.
- 1/2 Cup Organic Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4-6 Tablespoons Filtered Water*
- 4-5 Drops Tabasco or Crystal Hot Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar**
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Heat over medium/low for 20 minutes. Stir frequently, especially the last 10 minutes.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Use within 1-2 weeks.
Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Lightly butter the inside of a soft bun (I used King's Hawaiian Sandwich Buns). Grill, butter side down, in a large fry pan over medium heat until lightly golden brown on the inside.
- Heat shaved deli roast beef in pan until just warm. Do not over cook.
- Fill grilled bun with warm roast beef. Top with Arby's Sauce and bun top.
- I bought the Arby's Seasoned Curly Fries in the frozen food section of my grocery store. Cook according to package instructions.
*Arby's Sauce has a distinct consistency. Add enough water to achieve the pourable sauce. The sauce will thicken a little when cooled.
**Maple syrup or honey can replace the brown sugar. I prefer maple syrup.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 54Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 593mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 0gSugar 12gProtein 0g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Why did I have to make my own Arby’s Sauce Recipe at home?
Well, I think Arby’s frowns upon me walking into their establishment to fill my purse with packets of sauce.
Now I don’t have to do that. Not that I ever did. Oh, no. I would never!
This sauce is close to the real thing.
I think Arby’s Sauce is all about the consistency. The flavor IS important. But you need to achieve that ‘dripping off the sandwich’ consistency.
So skip the fast food joint and dine at home. Where the fries are HOT and the sandwich is FRESH!137