ONE POT TACO PASTA is an easy weeknight dinner idea made in one pot or skillet in less than 30 minutes. All that great taco flavor blended with cheese and pasta for a filling meal.
Taco Pasta is the solution for busy days when you crave a satisfying meal but don’t have much time. A blend of cheesy pasta loaded with ground beef and taco flavor will be a hit with the entire family!
Can I substitute the Velveeta cheese?
Try using 4 ounces of cream cheese instead or you can just add additional shredded cheese to the sauce.
Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes! This pasta will work with any bite-size pasta. Just be sure to check the cooking time on the box and adjust as needed.
Can I use pre-shredded cheese?
I recommend using freshly shredded cheese in order to create a creamy sauce for this recipe. The pre-shredded cheese does not melt as well with the anti-caking additives.
Can I use different cheeses?
Yes! You can use Colby jack or pepper jack cheese with this recipe.
How do I store leftovers?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
MORE TACO INSPIRED RECIPES:
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet taco season
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces of shell pasta
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook the ground beef and chopped onion together over medium heat. Break the meat with a spatula until the ground beef is browned and cooked. Drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Add garlic and tomato paste to the pan and cook through for about one minute until the garlic is fragrant and the tomato paste is combined with the meat mixture.
- Add the pasta, tomatoes, broth, milk and taco seasoning to the pot. Bring to a low boil then cover pot with lid. Cook everything together until the pasta is cooked through (Refer to the cooking instructions provided on the pasta box and prepare it accordingly based on the recommended cooking time). Make sure the pasta is submerged in the liquid. Stir occasionally to ensure the pasta does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- After cooking for the allotted time on the box of pasta, check the pasta. Cook for an additional minute or two if needed or until pasta is tender.
- Once the pasta is tender, turn the heat off. Slowly add the cheese to the pot and stir until melted.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with parsley or cilantro, additional cheese, jalapenos, or sour cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 838Total Fat 50gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 192mgSodium 1533mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 3gSugar 9gProtein 60g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.