These Taco Stuffed Avocados are a fun and nutritious way to enjoy Taco Tuesday dinner! Fresh avocados filled with all of your favorite taco fixings.
These Taco Filled Avocados are a fantastic dinner recipe for those nights you want to eat a bit lighter. The perfect way to enjoy tacos when eating low carb, just omit the beans. And these can be enjoyed by all, low carb or not.
Avocados filled with beans and taco meat, topped with cheese and all of your favorite fixings. A fun family meal!
- You can substitute ground beef with ground turkey or chicken.
- You can substitute the grape tomatoes with larger tomato chunks or cherry tomato halves.
- You can substitute the Colby jack cheese with a variety of other cheeses such as Monterey jack cheese, cheddar, a Mexican blend, etc.
Use your favorite taco toppings. This recipe starts with the basics, feel free to add your own flavors.
- Black Olives
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce
MORE TACO THEMED RECIPES:
- 4 Avocados, cut in half lengthwise, pits removed
- 1 pound Ground Beef, cooked and drained well
- 1/2 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 ounce Taco Seasoning powder
- Salt/Pepper - to taste
- 1/2 cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Lettuce
- 1 cup Sliced Grape Tomatoes
- 1 cup Black Beans**
- 1/2 cup Chunky Salsa
- Juice from 1 lime, plus more for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine warm ground beef, salsa, and taco seasoning until well combined. Then add black beans, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.*
- To prepare the avocados, scoop out a small amount of avocado from each avocado shell with a spoon and squeeze a small amount of lime juice over each to prevent the avocado from browning quickly. Make sure the lime juice covers the green portion of each avocado.
- Fill each avocado with enough taco filling to almost overflow.
- Top each with lettuce, grape tomatoes, and cheese. Add any preferred toppings.
- Serve while ground beef is still warm with lime wedges for added flavor.
*The taco meat can be prepared acording to taco season package instructions then mixed with salsa, beans, onion powder, salt and pepper.
**Omit the beans for low carb version.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 787Total Fat 54gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 34gCholesterol 114mgSodium 1092mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 20gSugar 5gProtein 43g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.