These Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats are a fantastic healthy dinner idea. Zucchini stuffed with taco flavors is a great way to use up all that zucchini that took over your garden.
Zucchini season is upon us. Those of you that dare to plant zucchini in your gardens often end up with more than you bargained for. These Stuffed Zucchini Boats are a great way to use up all that zucchini while curing your taco cravings.
Fresh zucchini stuffed with a taco meat and bean mixture, topped with cheese then baked. Add all of the toppings you would usually enjoy on your tacos.
- Ground turkey or chicken can be used in place of the ground beef.
- Beans can be omitted to make this recipe low carb.
- Add more cheese if you prefer. Or leave it off for a dairy free version.
- Add any of your favorite taco toppings, such as: sour cream, black olives, hot sauce, jalapeños, cilantro, shredded lettuce, crushed tortilla chips, etc.
DO YOU EAT THE SKINS OF ZUCCHINI BOATS?
Yes, the skins are edible and keep the zucchini intact. It also ups the fiber amount on this meal.
STUFFED ZUCCHINI STORAGE & REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS:
Store leftover zucchini boats in airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, cover and bake at 400ºF for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. You can also microwave for 1-2 minutes to reheat.
MORE TACO INSPIRED RECIPES:
- 3 Medium Green Zucchini
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Beef - browned, drained
- 1/2 cup Canned Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 cup Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1/2 large Tomato, diced
- 1/4 Red Onion, diced
- Lime - cut into wedges for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Cut the ends of your zucchini off and slice in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, scoop out a small amount of zucchini from the center of each half creating a shallow trough the length of each zucchini. Place the zucchini halves side by side in a 9×13 baking dish and brush them with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix ground beef, taco seasoning, salsa, black beans, and garlic powder until well combined.
- Using a spoon, fill the trough in each zucchini with your ground beef mixture. Top the meat with shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the zucchini is tender but not mushy.
- Remove zucchini boats from the oven and top with onion, tomato, avocado and any other preferred toppings.
- Serve warm with lime wedges.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 404Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 76mgSodium 720mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 6gSugar 4gProtein 27g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.