Taco Cheese Stuffed Meatballs are a fun twist for Taco Tuesdays! This easy meatball recipe is taken to the next level with taco seasoning and colby jack cheese.
This recipe was originally posted on The Slow Roasted Italian.
How To Make Taco Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
Step 1: Mix meatball ingredients together until just combined. Do not over-mix.
Step 2: Scoop out 4 tablespoons of beef mixture, flatten then place cheese cube into the center. Bring the edges together to form a ball. Ensure that the meatball is completely sealed. *PRO TIP* Freeze the cheese first to prevent any oozing during the baking.
Step 3: Freeze meatballs on a rimmed sheet pan to ensure they remain round.
Step 4: Broil on high.
How Long Do You Bake Stuffed Meatballs
Okay, so these meatballs aren’t necessarily baked. These meatballs are broiled on high for 10-12 minutes. This method cooks them quickly and also achieves that nice crust on the outside.
Can You Freeze Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
Yes. Make extra meatballs to freeze, double or triple this recipe. Transfer extra meatballs to a rimmed baking sheet and freeze completely. Then transfer frozen meatballs to a ziploc bag or container.
What Can Be A Substitute For Bread Crumbs In Meatballs
Almond flour can be used in place of the breadcrumbs to make this recipe gluten free and low carb.
Ingredients In Taco Cheese Stuffed Meatballs:
- Lean Ground Beef
- Bread Crumbs
- Large Eggs
- Taco Seasoning
- Colby Jack Cheese
More Meatball Recipes:
Helpful Tips to make Taco Cheese Stuffed Meatballs:
- Do not overmix the meat or you can end up with tough meatballs.
- Use a cookie dough or ice cream scoop to get uniform meatballs.
- Be sure to fully seal the cheese within the meatballs or all of the cheese will ooze out while broiling.
Tools You Need for this Recipe:
- 2 Lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning (or 2 Tablespoons Homemade Seasoning)
- 6 ounces Colby Jack Cheese, (cut into cubes)
- Mix beef, bread crumbs, eggs, milk and taco seasoning until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Scoop out 4 tablespoons of beef mixture, flatten then place cheese cube into the center. Bring the edges together to form a ball. Ensure that the meatball is completely sealed.
- Transfer meatballs to a greased rimmed baking sheet.
- Freeze meatballs on baking sheet for 10-15 minutes to firm up.
- Raise oven rack to top and preheat broiler on high.
- Broil meatballs on high for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Some cheese may escape while broiling. (Tighter seals on the meatballs will prevent oozing)
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 525Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 224mgSodium 465mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 54g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
This post contains affiliate links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to purchase. . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support! Nutrition information on this recipe is approximate.5