Sometimes you just NEED a plate full of cheesy pasta! And my favorite way to prepare pasta is with mushrooms and a cheesy sauce. This Mushroom Ricotta Pasta Recipe is perfect for those carb-craving days!
When I prepare a pasta dish I prefer simplicity. I usually use only a few ingredients because it’s really about getting that pasta into my belly!
This Mushroom Ricotta Pasta Recipe is a combination of mushrooms, ricotta, garlic, parmesan and thyme. A few of my favorite things.
Why can’t pasta and cheese sauce be a health food!?!
This works great as a side dish or a family meal. Make it for your sweetheart and have a romantic dinner for two. Or, make it for yourself and eat it all. No judgement here!
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 8 ounces Crimini Mushrooms - sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves - chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Cup Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 8 ounce Pasta - cooked according to package directions*
- Salt/Pepper - to taste
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add thyme, ricotta and milk.
- Stir and heat until thickened and bubbly (5-6 minutes).
- Toss cooked pasta with sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Top with parmesan and serve.
*I use Pappardelle Pasta.
More For Your Carb Cravings…2