This CROCKPOT FRENCH ONION CHICKEN AND RICE is a super easy dinner recipe the entire family will love. A simple blend of onions, onion soup, rice, broth, chicken and cheese.
CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND RICE
Chicken breasts smothered with melty cheese and crispy fried onions served over a flavorful rice. This French Onion Chicken and Rice is not only unbelievable tasty, it is made right in your slow cooker.
- Feel free to use only mozzarella if preferred.
- Bone-in chicken breasts can be used and will produce a juicier chicken.
- Add more onions for even more flavor.
MORE CHICKEN DINNER RECIPES:
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can French Onion Soup
- 1 ½ cup rice (uncooked)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (2-ounce) packet Lipton Onion Soup mix
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Fried Onions
- Coat the inside of the crockpot with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot, followed by the remaining ingredients – except for the cheeses and fried onions.
- Stir gently to combine, cover, and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Add the shredded cheeses and fried onions, cover, and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the cheeses have melted.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 587Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 165mgSodium 1208mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 63g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.