Homemade Sushi Stacks have all of the great flavors of a California Roll! This recipe is perfect for parties, special occasions or a fun dinner night. No special equipment needed!
I am proud to be partnering with Louis Kemp Crab Delights® to bring you this tasty recipe!
My daughter and I love going out for sushi. But, eating out can really add up. So I started making sushi inspired recipes at home. These Homemade Sushi Stacks are my latest obsession.
I’ll leave the raw fish sushi to the professionals. I make California Roll inspired recipes with the help of Louis Kemp Crab Delights.
Louis Kemp Crab Delights are made from Alaskan Pollock and real snow crab. Pollock is a highly sustainable, Alaskan-caught whitefish.
Crab Delights (aka: surimi) are a great lean protein snack and high in omega 3’s. Add to recipes or eat it straight from the package. I pack the Crab Delights Legs in my daughter’s lunches. They are individually wrapped and perfect for lunches or on-the-go snacks.
Louis Kemp Crab Delights are available at grocery stores nationwide. Find more information and recipes on the Louis Kemp Facebook Page.
Back to these awesome and impressive Homemade Sushi Stacks. Like I said, you don’t need any special equipment to create this dish. I used a clean can with the top and bottom removed. I like to be a Food Macgyver every now and then.
Just layer the ingredients inside the can. Press down firmly to secure. Then remove the can…
One of the things that sets my California Roll recipes apart from others is the addition of lemon. Lemon should be added to ALL sushi! It adds so much to the overall flavor.
Easy-Peasy. Just layer the cooked rice, avocado, cucumber, Luis Kemp Crab Delights, sesame seeds, sea weed, and lemon.
Don’t forget the creamy Sriracha sauce!
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 2 Cups Cooked Sushi Rice, prepared according to package instructions
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 2 Avocados - peeled and chopped
- 1 Cup Cucumber - peeled & chopped
- 2 Cups Luis Kemp Crab Delights - chopped
- 2 teaspoons Lemon - finely chopped, peel and all
- 4 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- 4 Individual Size Sea Weed Sheets - torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- Mix rice vinegar, sugar and salt together and pour over cooked rice. Gently toss to coat.
- Prepare a large (28oz) can by removing the contents, removing the top and bottom with can opener then cleaning thoroughly.
- Place can upright on flat plate and hold firmly in place while layering ingredients.
To Make 1 Sushi Stack
- Press 1/2 cup cooked rice in the bottom of the can. Follow with 1/2 cup avocado, 1/4 cup chopped cucumber, 1/2 cup chopped Crab Delights and 1/2 teaspoon chopped lemon. Use the back of a spoon to firmly press ingredients down. (this will ensure that the sushi stack stays together)
- Top with 1 teaspoon sesame seeds and 1 sheet of sea weed.
- Gently pull can up to remove.
- Serve sushi stacks with a drizzle of sauce and soy sauce.
- Mix mayo, Sriracha and soy sauce until incorporated.
Ingredient Amounts Serve 4