These Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs are a quick, easy and flavorful dinner recipe. A 30 minute meal when served with your favorite vegetables, rice or pasta.
PAN FRIED CHICKEN THIGHS
Pan fried chicken thighs are deliciously tender and juicy. The quick marinade in cilantro and lime amp up the flavor and make this a phenomenal chicken dinner.
- Cilantro – Okay, if you hate cilantro then maybe this recipe isn’t for you. But you can always just omit the cilantro and make lime chicken or a bit of fresh parsley is a good swap.
- Omit the cayenne and red pepper flakes if you are sensitive to spicy food.
- Bone-in chicken thighs can be used but will take longer to cook through. Adjust cooking time and ensure the internal temp reaches at least 165ºF.
- Refrigerator – Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Freezer – Place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 1 month.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN:
- 6 chicken thighs - skinless, boneless (medium size)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro - chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ½ tablespoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt/Pepper - to taste
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, add olive oil, juice and zest of the limes, cilantro, honey, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt and pepper with chicken thighs. Massage the chicken and set aside to marinade for 15 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium/high heat. Add chicken with marinade, lay the thighs out flat. Cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side until caramelized. (to 165ºF internal temp)
- Remove from the stove and serve immediately with rice, veggies or pasta.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 578Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 250mgSodium 523mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 14gProtein 46g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.