KALE WHITE BEAN SOUP is a flavorful soup to warm and fill you up. With a ton of white beans and kale, this soup is a hearty healthy dinner the family will love.
TUSCAN BEAN SOUP
The combination of oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, celery seeds, and bay leaves, gives this soup a rich flavor and will make you want to come back for seconds. Great served with a side salad and a nice crusty bread for a delicious meal your family will ask for over and over.
- Use your favorite greens in place of kale. If using Spinach or a green less sturdy than kale, it will wilt more quickly. I recommend adding a minute or two before serving. With other firm greens, remove the stem and cut it into bite-size pieces.
- Some meat additions that would work really well in this soup are sausage, bacon, or pancetta. Cook along with the onions in the first step then discard any excess grease. The bacon and pancetta could also make a great topping to sprinkle on top just before serving.
- Substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth to make a vegan friendly soup.
SOUP STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS:
Store this soup in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
MORE HEARTY SOUP RECIPES:
- 2 (28-oz) cans white (Cannellini) beans
- 1/2 c chopped baby carrots or 2 large carrots
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 bunch of kale, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground celery seeds (optional)
- Preheat a large pot or dutch oven on medium heat. Add oil and heat for 1-2 minutes, add onion and shallots, sauté for 5 minutes till softened and translucent.
- Add carrots, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, and celery seeds; sauté for 4-5 minutes until celery and carrots begin to soften.
- Add beans, broth and bay leaves; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and discard. Add 3 cups of soup to a bowl, using an immersion blender (or regular stand blender); blend until smooth.
- Add blended mixture back to the soup. Add kale and let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Top soup with fresh rosemary and/or thyme.
Note: the blended mixture will thicken the soup and make it creamier. If you prefer a more chunky soup, you can skip this step.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 99Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 5mgSodium 1496mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 4g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.