Make these Hocus Pocus Brownies for a quick, easy and fun Halloween or movie night dessert. Box brownies decorated to look like the Hocus Pocus Book, just in time for the new Hocus Pocus movie.
Counting down the days for the release of the new Hocus Pocus movie. These brownies are just the treat to make for your spooky movie night or Halloween.
The best part about these brownies is how easy they are to make. We are totally cheating and using box brownie mix, store bought black gel icing and candy eyeballs. That is it. And no need for artistic ability here, we are just piping on some lines and attaching the eyeballs.
“My ungodly book speaks to you. On All Hallow’s Eve, when the moon is round, a virgin will summon us from under the ground. Oh, oh! We shall be back, and the lives of all the children of Salem will be mine!” —Winifred Sanderson
Keep brownies fresh by storing them at room temperature up to 4 days – wrap tightly in plastic wrap or foil or store them in an airtight container.
MORE FUN HALLOWEEN RECIPES:
- Prepared brownie batter, boxed
- Typically needed for boxed brownies: 2 eggs, olive oil and water.
- Black decorating icing/gel
- 12 candy eyeballs, small
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to temperature indicated on brownie batter box.
- Prepare the brownie batter according to the directions on the box.
- Lightly coat baking pan with the non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour brownie batter into the prepared pan, bake according to box directions.
- Once baked, allow brownies to cool and cut them into 12 equal sized rectangles (approx 4 x 3)
- Carefully press one candy eye into each brownie on the right side about halfway down, be certain to leave enough space by edges to draw a circle around each eye.
- Using the black decorating icing/gel, draw a circle around the candy eye, make marks along the left side from top to bottom to resemble the book seams. Slightly further in on the brownie create lines vertically or in swirls (your choice) to add character to each brownie spell book. Add half circles to the corners above and below the eye.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 67Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 34mgSodium 34mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 4gProtein 1g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.