Your favorite cereal and french toast come together for the ultimate breakfast meal. French Toast coated in Cinnamon Toast Crunch® cereal then cooked until golden brown. Top that with an indulgent Cream Cheese Glaze.
Homemade French Toast
This is a fun twist on plain French toast. Cinnamon flavored and crunchy thanks to the cereal crumb coating. This is an indulgent breakfast that could easily be a dessert too!
If you love cinnamon toast crunch you are definitely going to love this recipe. This is a sure hit with the kids.
My daughter and niece were more than happy to be my cereal munchin’ models. Cinnamon Toast Crunch® by the handful!
Thick slices of Texas toast style bread, dredged in egg and coated with a Cinnamon Toast Crunch® crust. Fry them up in butter until golden brown. The inside is soft while the outside is crunchy and flavorful.
And the pièce de résistance . . . Cream Cheese Glaze drizzled over the top!
You know that I can’t drizzle anything without making an animated gif!
- 4 Slices Texas Toast Bread
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Half & Half
- 2 Cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch®
- 3-4 Tablespoons Butter, for frying
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Half & Half
- 6 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°
- Fill a plastic sip top bag with Cinnamon Toast Crunch®. Crunch into small pieces.(use a rolling pin, tenderizer, can, etc) Transfer cereal pieces to a large bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and half&half until fully incorporated and light in color.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium/low heat for 5 minutes.
- Dip one slice of bread into the egg mixture. Coat both sides. Let excess drip off then transfer to the Cinnamon Toast Crunch® bowl. Cover the bread with cereal pieces, gently pressing into each side.
- Melt about 1 tablespoon of butter in the frying pan. Place the bread slice into pan. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer french toast to a baking sheet and place into the oven to keep warm.
- Between each slice, remove any cereal crumbs from pan and add more butter.
- Repeat process for all bread slices. Cooking time may decrease as pan gets hotter.
- Drizzle cream cheese glaze over french toast and top with Cinnamon Toast Crunch®.
- Puree cream cheese, half & half and powdered sugar until smooth.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1094Total Fat 70gSaturated Fat 35gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 29gCholesterol 411mgSodium 1177mgCarbohydrates 96gFiber 5gSugar 41gProtein 24g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.