Enjoy your favorite Thanksgiving side dish in one tasty bite! These SWEET POTATO BITES are a unique holiday appetizer recipe inspired by sweet potato casserole.
I love taking meals or side dishes and turning them into appetizer recipes. Because, I Love Appetizers!
Made with sweet potato slices, sliced marshmallows and pecans. This holiday appetizer is not only easy to make, it is so delicious and reminds you of a perfect bite of sweet potato casserole.
MORE HOLIDAY APPETIZERS:
- 2 small sweet potatoes (about 1 lb)
- 8 pecan halves
- 4 large marshmallows
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut each potato into 4 even slices.
- In a bowl, pour the melted butter over the sliced sweet potatoes. Season with salt and mix until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Arrange the coated sweet potato slices on a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, flip the slices over and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and switch oven to broil.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the sweet potato slices.
- Cut the marshmallows in half and place them on top of the sweet potato slices.
- Roast the sweet potatoes with the marshmallows under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned on top, keeping a close eye to prevent burning.
- Once the marshmallows are toasted and slightly golden, remove the tray from the oven.
- Place a pecan half on top of each marshmallow-topped sweet potato slice. Serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 15mgSodium 164mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 1g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.