5 Minutes and you can make this Pretzel + Marshmallow Microwave Fudge Recipe. Just melt, stir, pour then wait for it to set. The sweet and salty combo is great for a holiday dessert or treats to give to friends and family.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more info. I was provided a copy of The Weeknight Dessert Cookbook to facilitate this post.
Microwave Fudge With Sweetened Condensed Milk
As far as I’m concerned microwave fudge is the way to go. It doesn’t get easier than 5 minutes of prep to make rich, chocolaty fudge.
You do need to work very quickly while making this fudge because it will start to seize up if you take too long stirring and pouring. Prep the pan and ingredients before you even think about starting.
This is just one of many amazing quick and easy dessert recipes form the new cookbook The Weeknight Dessert Cookbook by Mary Younkin. Mary is a fellow food blogger at BarefeetInTheKitchen.com. She is the master of simple, no-fuss, delicious recipes.
This fudge recipe jumped out at me because I was super in the mood for chocolate and I thought this would be a great recipe to share for the upcoming holiday season.
There are a variety of desserts to please just about everyone. Here are a few examples of what you can expect to find in this dessert cookbook: Cranberry Lemon Scone Cookies, Mexican Chocolate Lava Cakes, Berry -Swirled Cheesecake Mousse, Frozen Fruit Dessert (AKA Grandmas Pink Stuff), Black Forest Brownies. . .and more!
Ingredients Needed For Avalanche Microwave Fudge (screenshot for grocery list)
- Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Twist Pretzels
- Mini Marshmallows
How Do You Make Microwave Fudge
- Line a 6-cup loaf pan with parchment paper. Prepare and measure all ingredients so that you can move quickly.
- Combine chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter in glass mixing bowl. Microwave for 90 seconds. Stir and microwave in 15 second increments until the chocolate is mostly melted and only a few flecks remain.
- Add vanilla, pretzels and marshmallows. Stir to combine. Scoop or pour mixture into prepared loaf pan, spread evenly and press down to flatten. Add a few pretzels and marshmallows on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before slicing into squares. (I sliced the entire loaf shape lengthwise then cut into squares to make smaller portions)
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Easy Fudge Recipes For The Fudge Fanatics:
*Sweetened Condensed - NOT evaporated milk As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Nutrition Information Yield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 159Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 5mgSodium 70mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 2gSugar 13gProtein 2g
*Sweetened Condensed - NOT evaporated milk
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.