Make this Grilled Mango Salsa for a vibrant, flavorful appetizer or topping. This salsa is great on fish, chicken or served with chips.
Nothing is better for the sunshine months than fresh homemade salsa. So vibrant, colorful and bursting with flavor. This Grilled Mango Salsa will not disappoint. It has that sweet savory combo with an extra pop of smokiness from the grill.
A chip topped with salsa in one hand and a margarita in the other is just the summertime vibes you need.
Adjust the ingredients to fit your preferences. Reduce the peppers if you like it mild.
Don’t like cilantro? Leave it out.
HOW TO CHOOSE RIPE MANGOS
Gently squeeze or press the mango. You want it to have a little give without being smooshy, similar to choosing an avocado.
Smell it. If it has a fruity sweet aroma that is a good indication that it is ripe.
DO YOU NEED A FOOD PROCESSOR TO MAKE SALSA?
It is helpful and works the best, but is not necessary.
You can use a blender instead. Or, do some extra chopping to make a chunkier version of this mango salsa.
SALSA STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS:
Store salsa in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3 days.
More Salsa Recipes:
What To Serve With This Salsa:
- 3 mangos
- 2 serranos
- 1 small red onion
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey (or light agave for vegan)
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Cut the mango in half down the flat sides. Brush the flesh with oil and place the oiled side down on the grill grates.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes until dark char marks have formed. Flip and continue cooking for another minute or two until marks have formed on the other side.
- Peel off the skin, remove seed then transfer the flesh to a large food processor with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth or to desired consistency. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 82Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 75mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 2gSugar 18gProtein 1g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.