Make this favorite Fall dessert with just 3 ingredients in less than 15 minutes! This Easy Pumpkin Spiced Caramel Apples Recipe is great for Harvest festivals, holiday celebrations or as a Halloween treat. The kids can even help make this fun dessert!
Fall has definitely arrived. Not only is it pretty nippy in the mornings but everything around us it getting pumpkin spiced! I’m not big into pumpkin spiced lattes or most pumpkin desserts really (with the exception of these Mini Pumpkin Cream Pies). But I love adding a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice to treats like this Easy Pumpkin Spiced Caramel Apples Recipe and these Pumpkin Spiced Crispy Treats. The spice blend adds a perfect hint of flavor to non-pumpkin desserts. It is especially delicious with caramel.
These Pumpkin Spiced Caramel Apples are super-duper easy to make because I cheated with store bought caramels. Is that cheating? I don’t know, homemade caramel can be so temperamental. And just check out the video . . . these are so, so simple!
Oh hey! I upload my food videos to Youtube before the recipe is posted to WonkyWonderful. So if you want some sneak peeks >>> Follow WonkyWonderful on Youtube!
There are 3 very important things to remember when making this recipe. Very Important!
- Use soft caramels. Otherwise you will end up with super hard caramel apples that pull out fillings! I use Werther’s Soft Caramels.
- Have everything prepared before melting the caramel. You gotta work fast on this one!
- Don’t forget to grease the wax paper. I repeat . . . Do Not Forget To Grease The Wax Paper. I totally forgot when making my video and it was a huge pain in the rear to get the apples off the paper. Huge!
Here are a few more caramel-y treats for ya:
Here are some items you may need for this recipe: (ad)
- 2 Lbs Small Apples (5-6 apples), (I use Sweetango Apples)
- 4 (4.5oz) Bags Soft Caramels, (I use Werther's)
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Wooden Apple Spikes
- Thoroughly wash apples and dry completely before beginning. Insert spikes into tops of apples.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and grease heavily.
- Place unwrapped caramels in large microwaveable measuring cup (or a vessel that's base is not too wide). Microwave caramels in 15 second increments, stirring between each. Will take total 1-2 minutes depending on microwave.
- Once caramels are melty and smooth, add pumpkin pie spice. Stir and immediately begin to dip apples.
- Dip each apple in caramel, use spoon or knife to remove excess caramel from bottoms. Transfer to prepared wax paper.
- Complete the dipping as quickly as possible then transfer apples to refrigerator to set. If necessary, caramel can be reheated an additional 15 seconds to melt.
If concerned about too much pumpkin spice flavor, decrease amount to 1/4 teaspoon. This will ensure a very mild flavor.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 145Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 1mgSodium 22mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 5gSugar 28gProtein 1g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
This post contains affiliate amazon links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to amazon . . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!