Two of my favorite holiday flavors come together in this Eggnog Caramel Sauce. This easy caramel recipe is made with eggnog. 4 ingredients, less than 10 minutes of cooking time and no thermometer needed!
Eggnog Flavored Caramel
Who wouldn’t want a caramel drizzled dessert? Aren’t the holidays supposed to be filled with deliciously sweet treats? And if you’re looking for a caramel sauce recipe with a little something extra, this is for you!
Caramel doesn’t have to be complicated. Especially caramel sauce.
I make caramel quick, easy and without a thermometer. You just can’t walk away. Keep a close eye on your caramel.
And if you like your caramel salted, be sure to check out the Cole & Mason Salt Mill for a gourmet touch!
This Eggnog Caramel is leading up to something special. I made Mini Eggnog Cheesecakes that are not complete without a generous drizzle of this Eggnog Caramel Sauce! Check out the recipe . . .
This caramel is great on more than just cheesecakes. Try it on cupcakes, cookies, milkshakes or coffee with whipped cream!
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup Full Fat Eggnog
- 1/2 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- Combine eggnog, cream and brown sugar.
- Melt butter in a 2.5 quart pot over medium heat.
- Add eggnog mixture and whisk.
- Allow liquid to lightly boil for 7 minutes. Whisk occasionally during the first 5 minutes. Whisk frequently the last 2 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, remove from heat and whisk vigorously.
- Allow to cool in pot for 5-10 minutes. Whisk then transfer to jar.
- Refrigerate 2+ hours. Stir before serving.
Makes just over 1 cup of caramel sauce.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 133Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 34mgSodium 39mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 0gSugar 13gProtein 1g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.