This chowder recipe is quick and easy! Crab and Corn Chowder is a thick, rich, indulgent soup that will make you think you are near the beach. With some shortcuts this hearty chowder comes together in no time and is perfect for the chilly months.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more info.
One Pot Crab Corn Chowder – In 30 Minutes
Crab and corn are a great combo because they are both mild and slightly sweet in flavor. In this thick creamy soup the crab shines through.
The best thing about this chowder recipe is that it only takes about 30 minutes and one pot so it is a great weeknight dinner or lazy weekend meal.
What To Serve With Crab Corn Chowder
Ingredients Needed For Crab Corn Chowder (screenshot for grocery list)
- Sweet White Onion
- All Purpose Flour
- Whole Milk
- Frozen Corn
- Superlump Crab Meat
- Old Bay Season
- Bay Leaf
- Can Diced Green Chiles
How Do You Make Crab Corn Chowder
- In large pot, sauté onions and celery in oil over medium/high heat until tender. (5-10 minutes)
- Reduce heat to medium. Add butter and melt. Slow stir in flour while stirring. Cook 1-2 minutes or until flour is lightly browned.
- Add milk, corn, crab, Old Bay season, bay leaf and green chiles.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes while stirring occasionally. Once chowder reaches desired thickness salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with lemon wedges and fresh parsley.
Here are more easy soup recipes to warm you up:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 275Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 82mgSodium 439mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 2gSugar 9gProtein 16g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.