Keep warm and cozy with this Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup. This soup recipe is easy, filling and healthy! Just toss a few simple ingredients into your slow cooker and dinner will be waiting for you. This is a Whole30, Paleo compliant recipe.
This tasty recipe is sponsored by Foster Farms.
I do not use my slow cooker nearly as much as I should. Mostly because I HATE cleaning it! Hey, I’m just being real here ????
But it is nice to drop some ingredients into the slow cooker, forget about it and have dinner ready and waiting for you in the evening. This Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup is a hearty, heathy meal. Perfect for the cold Winter months.
The recipe begins with Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey. Ground turkey is a nutritious and lean source of protein. Add in all the veggies and this soup becomes a great healthy family meal! Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey is raised free range on a certified organic vegetarian diet right here in California. Always free of added hormones, steroids and no antibiotics ever!
If you are committed to making smarter food choices in 2018, this recipe is a good place to start.
I’m still doing my January Whole30 detox so recipes like this one are a life saver for me. It delivers lean protein and filling vegetables. Plus, there were leftovers for me to heat and eat so I don’t go too long without eating. It’s already in the fridge prepped and ready.
This Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup is Whole30 and Paleo compliant. If you are following an eating plan but the family isn’t on board, make rice on the side then serve theirs with rice and a sprinkle of cheese. Everybody’s Happy. Being a mom, I know how difficult it can be to stick to a healthy Whole30/Paleo eating plan while feeding a family.
My goal is to create easy and delicious recipes (like this one) that the entire family will enjoy. Everyone gets tasty food and Mom sticks to her diet. I call it Sneaky Paleo because the family will not know they are eating Paleo unless you choose to tell them.
Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey is fantastic in this recipe and can be used in so many others. I use ground turkey in chili, meatballs, homemade breakfast sausage and even bun-less turkey burgers!
I’m going to start using even more ground turkey and make an effort to use my slow cooker more as well. How about you?
Tips → Tricks → Suggestions →
- Serve with a side of rice and shredded cheddar cheese for those not following the Whole30 or Paleo diets.
- Add in extra veggies like mushrooms, kale, spinach, broccoli or potatoes to pack even more nutritious ingredients into this soup.
- Add some heat with your favorite hot sauce.
- Make this on the stovetop. Just bring to a boil in a large dutch oven pot then reduce heat and simmer for at least an hour.
Here are a few more recipes to make with ground turkey. . .
One-Pot Stuffed Cabbage Casserole
Turkey Spinach Artichoke Wild Rice Casserole
Turkey Meatballs with Herbed Gravy by Mom On Timeout
Chipotle Turkey Chili by Nutmeg Nanny
Turkey Stuffed Jalapeños by Noble Pig
Vegetable Turkey Soup
- 1 Lb Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- 1 Sweet White Onion, (peeled and chopped)
- 3 Carrots, (chopped)
- 2 Celery Stalks, (chopped)
- 1/2 Head Cabbage, (chopped)
- 14 ounce Can Organic Low-Sodium Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 32 ounces Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Add ground turkey to a large saute pan over medium/high heat. Break turkey apart then add chopped onions.
- Cook and stir until turkey is cooked through.
- Place all ingredients into a 6qt slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Salt/Pepper to taste. Serve.
Add more broth if you prefer it extra soup-y.
Make this on the stovetop. Just bring to a boil in a large dutch oven pot then reduce heat and simmer for at least an hour.