The perfect addition to any feast. This Parmesan and Pepper Biscuit Recipe with Butter is quick and easy to make. Plus, they are downright addictive!
Easy Homemade Biscuits
I love a traditional biscuit as much as the next gal. But sometimes it’s nice to have a POP of flavor. And this Parmesan and Pepper Biscuit Recipe with Butter is loaded with flavor!
The fresh grated parmesan adds texture and a hint of cheesiness. Really though, it’s all about the pepper!
Just the right amount of fresh cracked pepper from my Cole & Mason Derwent Mill to add that pepper flavor without setting your tongue on fire.
Cole & Mason Derwent Salt and Pepper Mill Sets give you the ability to choose the type of salt and pepper that will highlight your recipes.
Cole & Mason Mills have high quality mechanisms that ensure precise grinding. Both mills come with a lifetime mechanism guarantee.
Just mix the ingredients. I use my fingers to incorporate the butter. Then roll out dough.
And don’t forget the extra butter and pepper!
Try not to immediately rip into these biscuits. Just try it.
- 1¾ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Cold Butter - cut into cubes
- 3/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter for brushing
- Fresh Cracked Salt/Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Quickly incorporate cold butter, using your fingers, until the pieces of butter are the size of small peas.
- Make a well in the center and pour in milk. Add parmesan and stir just until dough forms.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead 4-5 times until dough comes together.
- Roll dough flat to 1 inch.
- Cut biscuits with 3-3½ inch cutter. Press straight down without rotating.
- Transfer biscuits to a greased baking sheet.
- Brush biscuits with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Brush with remaining melted butter.
- Top biscuits with fresh cracked salt and pepper.
Makes 5-7 biscuits, depending on size.
Nutrition InformationYield 7 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 278Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 44mgSodium 549mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 6g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
More Peppery Recipes . . .0