The perfect addition to any feast. This Parmesan and Pepper Biscuit Recipe with Butter is quick and easy to make. Plus, they are downright addictive!
I love a traditional biscuit as much as the next gal. But sometimes it’s nice to have a POP of flavor. And this Parmesan and Pepper Biscuit Recipe with Butter is loaded with flavor!
The fresh grated parmesan adds texture and a hint of cheesiness. Really though, it’s all about the pepper!
Just the right amount of fresh cracked pepper from my Cole & Mason Derwent Mill to add that pepper flavor without setting your tongue on fire.
Cole & Mason Derwent Salt and Pepper Mill Sets give you the ability to choose the type of salt and pepper that will highlight your recipes.
Cole & Mason Mills have high quality mechanisms that ensure precise grinding. Both mills come with a lifetime mechanism guarantee.
Just mix the ingredients. I use my fingers to incorporate the butter. Then roll out dough.
And don’t forget the extra butter and pepper!
Try not to immediately rip into these biscuits. Just try it.
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1¾ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Cold Butter - cut into cubes
- 3/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter for brushing
- Fresh Cracked Salt/Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Quickly incorporate cold butter, using your fingers, until the pieces of butter are the size of small peas.
- Make a well in the center and pour in milk. Add parmesan and stir just until dough forms.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead 4-5 times until dough comes together.
- Roll dough flat to 1 inch.
- Cut biscuits with 3-3½ inch cutter. Press straight down without rotating.
- Transfer biscuits to a greased baking sheet.
- Brush biscuits with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Brush with remaining melted butter.
- Top biscuits with fresh cracked salt and pepper.
Makes 5-7 biscuits, depending on size.
More Peppery Recipes . . .0