This quick and easy holiday dessert is great for your Thanksgiving feast. My Pumpkin Pie Pudding Recipe is simple to serve and has all of the great flavor of pumpkin pie. The kids will love this treat!
If you are in need of an extra Thanksgiving dessert this Pumpkin Pie Pudding Recipe is perfect. Make it the night before your big feast and it will be ready and waiting for you. Also, this is super easy to make.
Last year I realized that our Thanksgiving feast was missing something. . . dessert! Ooopsie. So I took stock of what I had in my cupboards and refrigerator and made this Pumpkin Pie Pudding. Everyone loved it so much I had planned on posting the recipe leading up to this year’s holiday feast. But, them I forgot . . . double ooopsie! I made it just barely in time for anyone looking for an easy Thanksgiving dessert for tomorrow. I hope you all are more organized than I am!
Wishing all my U.S. friends a Happy Thanksgiving! To all my non U.S. friends . . . Happy Thursday 😀
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Large Egg Yolks - lightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup Sugar * 1 Cup for sweeter pudding
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- Combine milk and egg yolks with a fork or whisk until eggs are completely incorporated. Heat in 3 quart pot over medium heat while whisking frequently for 5 minutes or until milk begins to steam.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Gradually add mixture to warm milk while whisking.
- Heat for 5 more minutes while whisking continuously.
- Stir in vanilla and pumpkin puree. Heat for 5-7 more minutes or until mixture is bubbling, thickened and coats the sides of pan, remove from heat. Transfer to container.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. (I refrigerate overnight)
- Place plastic wrap directly on top of pudding to prevent skin from forming.
*If making a sweeter pudding, it may require a couple extra minutes to thicken.