For a unique Summer Dessert Recipe, start your barbeque! Waffles grilled to perfection. Paired with grilled strawberries and pineapple. Don’t forget the chocolate sauce and whipped cream for your ultimate summer treat!
Easy Waffle Dessert Recipe
Is it grilling season where you live? I’ve already scraped off my grill and started barbequing. I’m ready for summer!
Grilled waffles are super crisp with a slightly smoky flavor.
And if you have never roasted or grilled fruit . . . Do It! The fruit becomes so much more intense and flavorful.
Not only is this a delicious Summer Dessert Recipe. But it is so simple and fun too! It is sure to be a big hit at your next summer barbeque!
- Plain Eggo and Mixed Berry Eggo Waffles
- Whole Strawberries
- Fresh Pineapple - cut into large chunks
- Chocolate Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Prepare your grill or barbeque.
- Prepare the fruit (kabob style) on metal skewers. Do not mix the fruit and waffles on the same skewer.
- Cut the waffles into 1-2 inch pieces and skewer from the sides. You could also skewer a whole waffle and cut after grilling. This method will produce a more evenly grilled waffle.
- Grill waffles and fruit for several minutes. Rotate frequently while grilling. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
- Remove from grill. Serve on the skewer with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Or remove from skewers before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 119Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 2mgSodium 198mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 3gSugar 10gProtein 3g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.