For a unique Summer Dessert Recipe, start your barbeque! Waffles grilled to perfection. Paired with grilled strawberries and pineapple. Don’t forget the chocolate sauce and whipped cream for your ultimate summer treat!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more info. Follow WonkyWonderful on Pinterest to stay up to date on all of the new recipes!
Easy Waffle Dessert Recipe
Is it grilling season where you live? I’ve already scraped off my grill and started barbequing. I’m ready for summer!
Grilled waffles are super crisp with a slightly smoky flavor.
And if you have never roasted or grilled fruit . . . Do It! The fruit becomes so much more intense and flavorful.
Not only is this a delicious Summer Dessert Recipe. But it is so simple and fun too! It is sure to be a big hit at your next summer barbeque!
Grilled Fruit & Waffles
For a unique Summer Dessert Recipe, start your barbeque! Waffles grilled to perfection. Paired with grilled strawberries and pineapple. Don't forget the chocolate sauce and whipped cream for your ultimate summer treat!
- Plain Eggo and Mixed Berry Eggo Waffles
- Whole Strawberries
- Fresh Pineapple - cut into large chunks
- Chocolate Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Prepare your grill or barbeque.
- Prepare the fruit (kabob style) on metal skewers. Do not mix the fruit and waffles on the same skewer.
- Cut the waffles into 1-2 inch pieces and skewer from the sides. You could also skewer a whole waffle and cut after grilling. This method will produce a more evenly grilled waffle.
- Grill waffles and fruit for several minutes. Rotate frequently while grilling. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
- Remove from grill. Serve on the skewer with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Or remove from skewers before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 119Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 2mgSodium 198mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 3gSugar 10gProtein 3g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Libby Rouse says
With blueberry syrup, butter and my grandchildren
Tammi Velez says
I’m fairly traditional. So for me, butter and syrup or berries or berry syrup are my go-to waffle toppings.
Hot with syrup – boring but yummy!
I love them with maple syrup and blueberries on top.
Celia Albert says
Last summer we invested in a Rec Tech pellet grill – so love,love,love it! Since you can cook anything on it, I’m going to do waffles! We usually cook dinner – chicken, fish, pizza, veggies (lots of veggies) but haven’t thought of doing waffles! Belgium waffles are a common dessert so I’ll try these, maybe with whip cream and strawberries, but love fresh pineapple and chocolate too! Yum!
Nicole Harris says
Sounds Awesome! Enjoy 🙂
With melted butter and homemade fruit syrup!
I love them with lots of butter and syrup….plus some fresh fruit!
barbara n says
With real maple syrup!