This Easy Vegetable Soup Recipe is great for a healthy dinner idea. This loaded veggie soup is comfort food at its best in about 30 minutes! This recipe is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free and fantastic for meal prepping.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more info.
How To Make Easy Healthy Homemade Vegetable Soup
Step 1: Sauté onion, celery and bell pepper in oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
Step 2: Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, vegetable stock and water to pot. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Step 3: Add beans, corn, peas, carrots and spinach. Simmer 10-15 minutes. Salt pepper to taste and top with fresh parsley.
Is Homemade Vegetable Soup Healthy
Yes, this soup is loaded with healthy vegetables and packed with nutrients. The great thing about ditching the cans and making homemade soup is that you control the ingredients. No weird preservatives, chemicals or mystery ingredients.
Plus, you can adapt this recipe to fit your tastes. Don’t like one of the veggies in this soup? Leave it out. Add more of the veggies that you love or even add your own flavor twist.
Will Eating Soup Help You Lose Weight
I’m not going to answer yes to such a broad question. There are so many variables to losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle. I will say that taking homemade vegetable soup as a meal prep lunch instead of ordering fast food is certainly a step in the right direction.
Ingredients Needed For Homemade Vegetable Soup (screenshot for grocery list)
- Sweet White Onion
- Orange or Red Bell Pepper
- Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
- Vegetable Stock
- Kidney or White Beans
- Frozen Corn
- Frozen Peas and Carrots
- Baby Spinach
More Healthy Soup Recipes:
- 1 Sweet White Onion
- 3 Celery Stalks, (sliced)
- 1 Orange or Red Bell Pepper, (seeded & chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves, (chopped)
- 14.5 ounce Can Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 24 ounce Jar Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 32 ounces Vegetable Stock
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning, (optional)
- 15.5 ounce Can Kidney Beans, (drained, rinsed)
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas and Carrots
- 2-3 Cups Baby Spinach
- In large soup pot, sauté onion, celery and bell pepper in oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, vegetable stock and water to pot. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add beans, corn, peas, carrots and spinach. Simmer 10-15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste, top with fresh parsley and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 238Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 2mgSodium 1013mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 9gSugar 14gProtein 9g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.