This Easy Chicken Caprese Recipe is a quick, easy flavorful weeknight dinner idea. Chicken breasts topped with mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and balsamic glaze. Perfect served with salad, rice or pasta.
Chicken With Mozzarella And Tomato
This chicken topped with mozzarella, tomato and basil is a fresh and flavorful main course that goes with just about any side dish. Perfect when served over salad, rice, pasta or with vegetables.
This is also great as a light, healthy dinner option.
This recipe calls for cherry tomatoes but feel free to use the tomatoes you have access to. Roma, vine-ripe or slicing tomatoes will work just as well. When choosing tomatoes smell them and if they have a nice tomato-ey aroma they usually will have more flavor.
Soft sliceable mozzarella balls or logs work best for the super creamy, melty cheese topping. Shredded mozzarella will work in a pinch. And for an extra pop of flavor, use marinated mozzarella balls.
CHICKEN CAPRESE STORAGE AND REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS:
The Caprese chicken can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days as long as it is stored in an airtight container.
To reheat, place chicken in baking dish with 2-3 tablespoons water. Cover with foil and bake at 350ºF for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CAPRESE CHICKEN:
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp olive oil - divided
- 3 tbsp cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 10 cherry tomatoes - halved
- 3 fresh mozzarella balls - sliced
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- balsamic glaze
- In a medium bowl mix 2 tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, garlic powder and oregano.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat add the rest of the olive (1 Tbsp). Add the chicken to skillet and discard the marinade.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink (about 4 to 5 minutes per side)
- Reduce heat to medium/low. Add the fresh mozzarella on top of the chicken followed by the cherry tomatoes.
- Cover for 5 to 8 minutes to let the cheese melt and the chicken cook through.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with fresh basil and serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 414Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 116mgSodium 206mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 42g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.