If you are in need of a simple but impressive appetizer these Crostini with Fresh Ricotta and Roasted Grapes are the perfect choice. Don’t be intimidated, crostini are basically just snobby pieces of toast with fancy toppings.
Easy Crostini Appetizer
I’m not really the dinner party type so I make a batch of these for my daughter and I to eat at our carpet picnics. We are classy like that! Is she the only three year old eating Roasted Grape and Ricotta Crostini for dinner, on the floor? Probably.
The most important thing to take away from this post is that if you have never tried roasted grapes, it is a must! It is like grape jelly for adults. Roasting the grapes brings out an entirely new flavor and sweetness.
I first experienced roasted grapes about ten years ago at Jax Brewery in New Orleans. While the beer sampler was amazing, it was those roasted grapes that stuck with me. Oh, and visiting Jax Brewery in the French Quarter is another Must Do!
And what doesn’t taste better with a dollop of fresh, creamy ricotta? You can definitely use store bought ricotta but if you want ultimate deliciousness check out my post on How To Make Ricotta.
- 1 lb Grapes
- Sea Salt
- 1 Tb Olive Oil
- 1 crusty French or Sour Dough Baguette
- 1-2 Tb Olive Oil
- 8 ounces Ricotta, How To Make Ricotta
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Wash grapes and break into small bunches.
- Toss with olive oil until evenly coated then transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the grapes begin to release their juices.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice baguette into 1/4-1/2 inch rounds.
- Brush both sides with olive oil.
- Broil on high for 1-2 minutes on each side or until brown.*
- Use store bought ricotta to spread onto the crostini or make your own ( How To Make Ricotta ).
- Spread a even layer of ricotta on each slice of bread and top with 2-3 roasted grapes.
*If you have more patience than I do, you can also bake crostini at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Flip the crostini half way through.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 184Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 9mgSodium 273mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 7g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
“We should come home from adventures, and perils, and discoveries every day with new experience and character.”
– Henry David Thoreau