This Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe is a simple yet flavorful side dish. This pasta salad is filled with mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. Tossed with an Italian oil dressing and topped with balsamic glaze.
Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe
Don’t start making everything pumpkin spiced just yet. We still have another few weeks of summer. A few more weeks of warm sunshine on our face, iced coffees and garden fresh recipes like this Caprese Pasta Salad!
The amazingly fresh fruit and vegetables are one of my favorite things about summertime. Now if I could only grow my own garden. Unfortunately, gardening has never been one of my skills. I swear, you either have it or you don’t! And up until now I definitely DON’T have it.
But this summer I have been working hard not to kill all the poor plants that are unfortunate enough to be under my care. I am thrilled to report that I have kept succulents, a ponytail palm and a basil plant alive all summer! If I can do it anyone can! Seriously, anyone. Who knows, maybe next year I’ll even grown my own tomatoes for this recipe.
The best thing about using garden fresh ingredients is that they taste so darn good that there is no need to overcomplicate things. This pasta salad has just 4 ingredients not counting the dressing.
If you want a hot pasta dish, check out this Easy Lemon Garlic Pasta!
I used these swirly radiatore pasta noodles because I was in a swirly kind of mood that day. Feel free to use your favorite pasta. Shells, bowtie or rotini pasta all work great too.
This Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe makes a fantastic picnic or potluck side dish. Or serve with grilled chicken for light summer meal.
Check out these caprese inspired recipes:
Here are some items you may need for this recipe: (affiliate links)
- 8 ounces Radiatore Pasta, (cooked according to package instructions, drained & cooled)
- 12 ounces Cherry Tomatoes, (halved)
- 8 ounces Fresh Small Mozzarella Balls (aka ciliegine), (drained)
- 10 Large Basil Leaves, (cut into ribbons)
- Salt/Pepper, (to taste)
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 Garlic Clove, (grated)
- Pinch Salt/Pepper
- Small Pinch White Sugar
- See: How To Make Balsamic Glaze
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and let pasta cool completely.
- While pasta is cooling, mix all dressing ingredients and let sit.
- In large bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, salt/pepper and cooled pasta. If not serving immediately wait to cut and add the basil until just before serving to prevent darkening.
- Toss pasta salad with dressing until evenly coated.
- Serve with a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 203Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 22mgSodium 181mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 8g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
This post contains affiliate amazon links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to amazon . . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!