This Cheesy Gordita Crunch Recipe will help with those Taco Bell cravings. Taco meat, spicy ranch, cheese, lettuce and tomato get tucked into a crispy taco shell and then wrapped in a fluffy flat bread with plenty of melty cheese to hold it all together!
COPYCAT TACO BELL GORDITA
Once you start making your fast food favorites at home you will never go back. Being able to control the quality and the amount of the ingredients takes the copycat recipes beyond their inspirations.
These Gorditas come together quick and are always a family favorite! You can get these done quicker than going out for take out and you can add your favorite toppings to make them your own!
FLAT BREAD vs PITA BREAD:
Taco Bell uses flat bread. Flat bread and pita bread are very similar. Pita bread is puffier due to the leavener used to make it.
If available use small flat bread rounds. Flat pita bread (no pocket) can be used as a substitution if you do not have access to mini flat bread rounds. Pita bread is used in these recipe photos.
Flat bread makes a more streamlined crunchy gordita.
If you cannot find spicy ranch dressing look for Taco Bell Baja Dressing or make your own by mixing your favorite hot sauce into ranch dressing.
Or skip the spicy ranch all together and use sour cream or taco sauce.
MORE COPYCAT FAST FOOD RECIPES:
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Taco Seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- Spicy Ranch Dressing*
- 8 ounces Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Lettuce and Tomato for topping
- 6 Crunchy Taco Shells
- 6 Small Flat Bread Rounds or Flat Pita Breads
- In a skillet over medium high heat, brown and crumble ground beef.
- Drain grease then return meat to pan.
- Add water and taco seasoning.
- Stir to combine and let simmer 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile warm up your crunchy taco shells either in the oven at 350 for 5-8 minutes or in the air fryer for 4 minutes.
- When the meat and crunchy shells are ready it is time to assemble.
- On a microwave safe plate place a flat bread round, sprinkle evenly with cheese.
Microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Immediately place a crunchy shell onto cheesy flat bread and gently fold over.
Repeat with the other taco shells and flat breads.
- Fill each prepped shell with meat, spicy ranch dressing, more cheese, lettuce and tomato!
*If you cannot find spicy ranch dressing look for Taco Bell Baja Dressing or make your own by mixing your favorite hot sauce into ranch dressing to your desired spiciness. Or skip the spicy ranch all together and use sour cream or taco sauce.
Add your favorite toppings such as jalapenos, black olives, green onions, anything you prefer on your tacos.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 775Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 125mgSodium 1159mgCarbohydrates 70gFiber 6gSugar 3gProtein 45g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.