Homemade Cranberry Sauce for the adults. This Boozy Cranberry Sauce Recipe is made with Bourbon Whiskey and brown sugar. Enjoy this flavorful Thanksgiving side dish instead of the too sweet, can shaped cranberry jelly!
Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Yes, yes. Another cranberry sauce recipe. It’s no secret that I LOVE Homemade Cranberry Sauce!
It is so fun coming up with new flavor combinations. And, cranberry sauce is the easiest dish you will make for Thanksgiving.
It involves lightly boiling a few ingredients in a pot. That’s it!
And if you make your own cranberry sauce, the flavor options are endless. So if you have never made cranberry sauce from scratch . . . Do It! Do It Now!
- 12 ounces Fresh Cranberries, washed & inspected
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar - firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Bourbon Whiskey
- In 3qt pot over medium heat; combine water, whiskey, salt and brown sugar. Stir and heat until sugar dissolves and liquid begins to boil.
- Add cranberries, reduce heat to medium/low and lightly boil for 25-30 minutes. Stir occasionally, more so during the last 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate 6+ hours before serving.
Makes approximately 2 cups.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 188Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 145mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 3gSugar 37gProtein 0g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.