Make this Sweet Onion Dressing Recipe to enjoy on your end of Summer and Fall salads. This tangy vinaigrette dressing starts with caramelized onions making it super flavorful.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more info.
Sweet Onion Vinaigrette Dressing
This onion dressing comes together quick and easy. You do need to caramelize the onions but that task is fairly hands-off. Full Tutorial Here: How To Caramelize Onions
If you enjoy the natural sweetness that caramelized onions bring to recipes then you are going to love this homemade onion dressing. The onions add sweetness and the vinegar base adds the tanginess.
I really like a super tangy dressing so I don’t add any sugar to mine. But, feel free to add sugar to your preference if you like a less tangy version. That’s the great thing about making salad dressing at home, you can adjust the flavors to fit your taste.
- Sweet White Onions
- White Wine Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
How To Make Sweet Onion Dressing
- Caramelize onions in 3 Tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients into wide mouth glass jar. Use hand blender to combined until thick and creamy.
- Add sugar to balance acidity – to desired sweetness.
- Add water 1 Tablespoon at a time until dressing is to preferred consistency.
- Store in refrigerator until use.
More Homemade Dressings For Your Salads:
- 2 Sweet White Onions - chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise (optional - for creaminess)
- Salt/Pepper - to taste
Caramelize onions in 3 Tablespoons oil over medium heat. (slowly cook, stirring occasionally until onions are deep brown)
Combine all ingredients into wide mouth glass jar. Use hand blender to combined until thick and creamy.
*Add sugar to balance acidity – to desired sweetness.
**Add water 1 Tablespoon at a time until dressing is to preferred consistency.
Store in refrigerator until use.