Perfect for dipping, drizzling or slathering, this Dairy Free Whole30 Ranch Dressing is great on just about anything! This Paleo compliant recipe can be made as a ranch dip or dressing depending on your needs.
I have always made ranch dressing with sour cream. Now that I am avoiding dairy it was time to create a recipe that didn’t begin and end with sour cream.
When I poked around on the web I found that the dairy free ranch dressing recipes all used coconut or almond milk. Now . . . I’m sure the herbs are the main flavor. But the possibility of my ranch dressing even having a hint of coconut flavor was more of a risk than I was willing to take.
So fear not, this Whole30 Ranch Dressing Recipe does NOT involve coconut in any way, shape of form. Just good ol’ mayo, herbs and a hint of lemon.
Tips → Tricks → Suggestions →
- Use dried herbs instead of fresh. Just decrease the measurements by about half.
- Add the water a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Some like it thick, some like it thin. Your choice.
- Store ranch dressing in an airtight container or jar. Refrigerate and use within 2 weeks.
More dairy free Dips & Dressings recipes for your dinner table →
Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Orange Poppyseed Dressing by Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Easy Tahini Dip by Chew Out Loud
Carrot Vinaigrette by Rachel Cooks
Chipotle Lime Cashew Dip by The Organic Kitchen
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise*
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Chopped Dill
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- Salt/Pepper, (to taste)
- 3 Tablespoons Cold Water, (approximately)
- Mix all ingredients except the water.
- Add water 1 Tablespoon at a time until dip/dressing is preferred consistency.
- Store in airtight container. Refrigerate and use within 2 weeks.
*Use Whole30 compliant mayo or homemade compliant mayo for W30.