This SAUSAGE TORTELLINI SOUP is a hearty, flavorful soup that comes together in less than an hour. Italian sausage, tortellini and spinach in a thick creamy tomato broth.
CREAMY TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP
This is a great recipe for all of the soup lovers out there. It is a fairly minimal, low effort soup to make but packs a ton of flavor still.
The sausage, tortellini and creamy tomato broth make this a satisfying indulgent soup.
Italian Sausage: Feel free to use hot Italian sausage if you want a spicy version.
Frozen Tortellini: You can use refrigerated or dry tortellini. Cook the substituted pasta according to the package. Please note this will change the cooking time.
Add more spices, cream or spinach to fit your preferences.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
MORE HEARTY SOUP RECIPES:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 pound of ground Italian sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup white wine
- 32-ounce container vegetable broth
- 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 9 ounces frozen tortellini
- 2 cups baby spinach, stems removed
- Parmesan, shredded (optional garnish)
- Basil, chopped (optional garnish)
- Red pepper flakes (optional garnish)
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add diced sweet onion and saute for about 2 minutes or until the onions soften.
- Once the onions are soft, add 1 pound of ground Italian sausage and break it into crumbles. Cook the Italian sausage over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and heat until fragrant, mixing it with the browned sausage.
- Sprinkle flour over the browned sausage and stir to coat. Allow the flour to brown slightly. Deglaze the pan with ¼ cup of white wine, scrape the pan with the wooden spoon.
- Whisk in vegetable stock, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Add salt, ground black pepper and Italian seasoning. Once combined, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium then whisk in ¼ cup heavy cream. Add tortellini and cook for 5 minutes or until all the tortellini float to the top.
- Add fresh spinach and stir until wilted. Garnish with shredded parmesan, red pepper flakes, and chopped basil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 522Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 73mgSodium 1471mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 23g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.