This holiday sangria is the perfect way to get your celebrations started! Made with red wine, fresh fruit, and warm spices– this RED SANGRIA is packed with flavor and only takes a few minutes to prep.
This flavorful sangria is great for holiday feasts, parties or any occasion. A simple blend of fruit, spices and red wine will get those parties started!
- Feel free to mix and match your favorite fruits in this sangria! You could use red/green pears, red apples, or blood oranges if you prefer.
- For a bit of effervescence, add a splash of sparkling water to the sangria right before serving.
- Don’t have orange liqueur on hand? Try swapping it for brandy or vodka.
- Your sangria will only be as good as the wine that you use so make sure to use something that you would be comfortable drinking on it’s own. I recommend a light, but not too fruity red wine.
MORE HOLIDAY COCKTAILS:
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 bottle (750 mL) red wine (see notes)
- ½ cup orange liqueur
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1 cup cranberries
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole star anise
- Rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- Add the honey and hot water to a large pitcher and stir until the honey has dissolved– about 30 seconds.
- Next add the red wine, orange liqueur, sliced orange, green apple, cranberries, cinnamon sticks, and star anise. Stir to combine.
- Cover the sangria and allow it to sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- To serve, pour the sangria into your desired glass and garnish with sliced fresh orange or green apple and a sprig of rosemary.
- Storage: Sangria can be made up to 24 hours in advance. If storing the sangria after 24 hours, remove the fruit with a slotted spoon as it can make the sangria bitter if it sits too long.
Your sangria will only be as good as the wine that you use so make sure to use something that you would be comfortable drinking on it’s own.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 119Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 2gSugar 17gProtein 0g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.