Just in time for Saint Patrick’s Day. This Irish Cream Chocolate Brownie Recipe is a great way to enjoy your favorite chocolate dessert with a little Irish flavor! Cake like chocolate brownies topped with chocolate Irish Cream frosting.
So let’s be real here. I have never met a homemade brownie that I didn’t like. Cakey, fudgy, frosted, glazed, plain, stuffed or gooey. You name it. I just LOVE brownies!
Sure you can go the boxed brownie route. I’m not going to judge. They certainly have their time and place.
But, if you have to get out the eggs and oil anyway. Why not just make the entire batch from scratch?
Not only will you get homemade brownie bragging rights. You can also tweak the flavors however you want. Like I did with this Irish Cream Chocolate Brownie Recipe.
So put that box back in your pantry. Save it for a chocolate emergency. And make these brownies instead!
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Irish Cream Whiskey
- 1/2 Cup Butter - softened
- 1½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Irish Cream Whiskey
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix together dry ingredients - cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, mix sugar and melted butter. Add eggs and Irish Cream. Mix.
- Slowly add dry ingredients while mixing.
- Line a 9x9 baking dish with foil, press foil down firmly into the dish. Spray with non-stick.
- Pour batter into prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. (until a toothpick can be inserted a removed clean)
- Allow brownies to cool before frosting. Once cooled and frosted, remove the foil and brownies from baking dish. Carefully peel foil away from brownies and slice into 9 pieces.
- Combine butter and powdered sugar. Mix for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add Irish cream and cocoa powder. Mix for 1 more minute.
This recipe includes alcohol. Eat responsibly.