This colorful and festive Christmas treat is delicious and beautiful. Candied fruit, pecans and rum flavor make this Fruitcake White Chocolate Fudge Recipe extra special. It is super easy to make too! No thermometer needed.
Fruit and Nut Fudge Recipe
I call this Fruitcake Fudge. But it is also known as Jeweled Fudge. Whatever you call it, this Christmas dessert will be a new family favorite!
Okay. Okay. I love fruitcake!
Not the weird store bought brick. But homemade fruitcake is so wonderful. My grandmother used to make The Best fruitcake every Christmas. Unfortunately, she must have memorized her amazing fruitcake recipe.
I know I’ll never be able to recreate that rum soaked cake of hers. So I just make other types of desserts with a fruitcake twist, like this Fruitcake White Chocolate Fudge Recipe.
Every time I create a fruitcake inspired recipe I think of my sweet German grandmother . . . and wish I had her darn recipe!!!
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 12 ounces White Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1½ Cups Chopped Candied Fruit, I used lemon, pineapple, red cherries and green cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon Rum Extract
- Line loaf pan with foil and generously grease with butter. Layer a handful of nuts and fruit on the bottom of pan. Set aside.
- In 3.5 quart pot over medium/low; combine butter, white chocolate, condensed milk and salt.
- Heat and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat. Stir in rum extract, fruit and pecans.
- Transfer to prepared loaf pan and spread evenly, gently pressing down.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from pan. Carefully peel off foil. Cut into squares.
Makes about 20 fudge squares.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 189Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 6mgSodium 69mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 0gSugar 27gProtein 2g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Happy Holidays! Check out these festive bite sized treats . . .24