This Cheesy Mushroom and Roasted Garlic Quinoa is full of creamy, cheesy, deliciousness. Not only is it a gluten free, vegetarian side dish. It is pure indulgence.
Easy Quinoa Recipe
I absolutely LOVE quinoa. Love It! This Cheesy Garlic Quinoa is at the top of my list.
Quinoa can be used in Sweet or Savory dishes.
Besides the quinoa, want to know why THIS recipe is so amazing!?! Just look at the photo below.
Mushrooms. Butter. Roasted Garlic.
That is just the beginning. Add cream and cheese to create this sinful side dish!
It is just too good! Slap yo’ mamma good! Handcuffs and mugshot good! Haunt your dreams good.
Eat it at your own risk! It is worth it.
Just kidding, it’s not that bad for you. Hey, it is gluten free after all!
- 6 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms - Cut into large pieces, crimini
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Roasted Garlic, 10-12 Roasted Garlic Cloves
- 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Cooked White Quinoa, cook quinoa according to package directions
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Melt butter in 3 quart pot over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms to pot and cook 4 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and thyme. Cook 2 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium/low. Add cream, quinoa and parmesan.
- Heat and stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Yields approximately 3 cups.
Add chicken for a delicious dinner option.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 347Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 55mgSodium 539mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 10g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
You will probably like these recipes too…8