If you love the flavors of Banana Bread but want to keep it healthy, this Dairy Free Smoothie Recipe is for you!
Homemade Dairy Free Smoothie
We drink a lot of smoothies at my house! I have been making healthy smoothies for my daughter from the first moment that she could sip through a straw.
Banana Bread is one of my favorite indulgent treats. So making a healthy smoothie version was a must.
I usually add Greek yogurt to my smoothies for protein and creaminess. But, I decided that it was time to create a Dairy Free Smoothie Recipe.
This Banana Bread Smoothie gets it’s protein and creaminess from silken tofu! If you are not the tofu type, no worries. Silken tofu has less flavor than Greek yogurt and it blends right into the smoothie. You won’t even notice it’s there . . . For Real! If you couldn’t care less about dairy free, go ahead and use Greek yogurt instead of tofu if you prefer.
For this smoothie you want extra ripe bananas. The more brown speckles the better! So this is a great way to use up your over-ripe bananas. If you keep bananas in your freezer I’m sure those will work too.
- 2 Extra Ripe Bananas, peeled
- 1/2 Cup Silken Tofu
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Tiny Sprinkle of Nutmeg
- 2 Tb Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste or Extract
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats, optional
- 1½ Cups Ice
- Place all ingredients into your Smoothie Smart Blender and process on the Auto Smoothie setting twice. (I processed twice to be sure the oatmeal was fully blended)
- If you are using a standard blender, process until the smoothie is smooth and fully blended.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
- Optional: Top with Non-Dairy Whipped Topping and an extra drizzle of Maple Syrup.
Makes 4 cups of Banana Bread Smoothie.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 137Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 8mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 2gSugar 15gProtein 4g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
More Groovy Smoothies: