This Easy Maple Glazed Walnuts Recipe requires just 2 ingredients and couldn’t get much more simple! These walnuts are lightly sweetened the natural way with pure maple syrup. Just bake, cool and enjoy alone, on salads or in a healthy snack mix!
You all . . . Deeeeeeez Nuts are ahhhhMazing! Seriously, my daughter and I are obsessed. This Easy Maple Glazed Walnuts Recipe is about as simple as it gets and the payoff is HUGE!
This recipe actually came about out of necessity. Late one night I was preparing for my Sweet and Salty Chex Mix Recipe. I wanted to make the sweet nuts that night and complete the recipe and photographs early the next morning. Originally the Chex Mix was going to have sugared peanuts. BUT, after a few recipe fails and 2 pounds of unusable peanuts I was a little irked (to put it mildly). I had been attempting the most popular sugared nut method that involves butter, sugar and nuts on the stovetop.
Now I’m not going to say that method doesn’t work, it could’ve totally been my bad. It was after all, like, 7:30pm which to me is late at night. Teehee! But, like I said, I gave it several attempts. Anyhoo, I scrapped that and moved forward with these Maple Glazed Walnuts. I’m so glad I did because not only is this recipe easier but it is so much tastier too. The light maple syrup coating gives these walnuts sweetness and flavor!
In fact, my daughter picked out all of the maple walnuts in the Chex Mix. So now I just make batches of these walnuts for her to snack on.
These Maple Walnuts are great for snacking but would also be awesome on salads, desserts, pancakes or my GF No-Bake Ricotta Cheesecakes!
Here are a couple items you may need for this recipe: (affiliate links)
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Baker’s Sheet
Coombs Family Farms Maple Syrup, Organic
Easy Maple Glazed Walnuts
This Easy Maple Glazed Walnuts Recipe requires just 2 ingredients and couldn't get much more simple! These walnuts are lightly sweetened the natural way with pure maple syrup.
- 16 ounces Raw Halved Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a large rimmed baking sheet generously with nonstick. (or grease with oil)
- In a large bowl, combine the walnuts and maple syrup. Gently toss for 1-2 minutes to ensure each piece is coated evenly.
- Spread out in an even layer onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until syrup becomes thick and sticky. Stir 2-3 times while baking.
- Remove and transfer to parchment or wax paper in a flat, even layer. (any nuts that are touching may stick together when cooled) Immediately sprinkle with salt.
- Let cool at least 5 minutes before eating.
- Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container.
This post contains affiliate amazon links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to amazon . . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!24
Oh yes! I’m so into walnuts ! Thank you and have a nice week end !
Just popped mine into the oven and can’t wait to try them! Finally found another use for the bourbon maple syrup I have!!
Nicole Harris says
Yeah! I hope you enjoyed 🙂
I am looking forward to making this recipe. It just too simple! Thanks!
Nicole Harris says