Enjoy Ambrosia Salad in a healthier way. This fruit salad is made with fresh fruit, dairy-free yogurt alternative and mini marshmallows. A sweet dessert treat that is healthy!
EASY CREAMY FRUIT SALAD
I am so ready for spring picnics and summertime barbecues! Fruit salad makes the perfect side dish for bbq’s, picnics and potlucks. This is my healthier version of an all time favorite, Ambrosia Salad. Typically ambrosia fruit salad is made with frozen whipped topping, canned fruit and marshmallows. This version uses yogurt.
This can be made with your preferred fruit. Some other great add-ins would be: apples, kiwi, mango, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries or shredded coconut.
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1 Navel Orange - peeled & segmented
- 12 ounces Strawberries - trimmed and quartered
- 12 ounces Red Grapes - halved
- 12 ounces Fresh Pineapple - cut into chunks
- 10-15 Maraschino Cherries - stems removed & sliced in half
- 1½ Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 8 ounces Vanilla Yogurt (dairy free yogurt works too)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Chill and serve.
- *add marshmallows shortly before serving for best results*
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 301Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 3mgSodium 57mgCarbohydrates 73gFiber 6gSugar 58gProtein 5g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.