Make these MINI PIGS IN A BLANKET for a fast and tasty snack or appetizer. Perfect for parties, holidays, potlucks or just a fun dinner idea the kids will love.
LIL SMOKIES PIGS IN A BLANKET
This recipe is so simple the kiddos can even help make them. Just roll Little Smokies Sausages into strips of store bought crescent rolls, brush with egg, sprinkle with poppy seeds then bake to golden brown.
Serve with ketchup, mustard or your favorite dip.
MORE EASY APPETIZER RECIPES:
- 1 refrigerated can of crescent roll dough
- 24 Lil Smokies Sausages
- 1-2 eggs, beaten (egg wash)
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to temperature indicated on the dough package. This is usually 350°F (175°C).
- Cut crescent dough into dough triangles making 24 small triangles. This will provide enough dough to wrap around each mini sausage.
- Take a dough triangle, place a mini sausage at the wide end of the triangle. Roll the dough around the sausage. Repeat with all the sausages and dough triangles.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Using a pastry brush or your fingers, lightly brush each wrapped sausage with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds over the egg-washed dough-wrapped sausages.
- Transfer the prepared mini piggies in a blanket on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to leave some space between each one to allow for even baking.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the piggies in a blanket are golden brown and the dough is cooked through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 247Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 57mgSodium 384mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 6g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.