This TOMATO BASIL & MOZZARELLA SALAD has the flavors of a caprese salad over lettuce greens tossed with Italian dressing.
Caprese Salads are always a hit at holidays, parties, potlucks or just the dinner table. Fresh greens tossed with Italian Dressing, tomatoes, mozzarella pearls and basil is a simple, flavorful salad that goes with just about any meal.
Use your preferred greens. I use a blend of spring greens and butter lettuce for this salad but just about any greens will work.
Cherry or grape tomatoes work best because they do not saturate the salad with juices.
Mini mozzarella pearls are the perfect little bite size for this salad. Mozzarella balls work fine too. Or you can always cut a larger mozzarella ball into bite size pieces. Just be sure to use soft fresh mozzarella.
I use HOMEMADE ITALIAN DRESSING for this salad. It allows the tomato, mozzarella and basil to really shine.
Balsamic Vinaigrette would also be a fantastic flavor combo with this caprese salad.
Most any Italian or vinegar based dressing will pair well with this salad. Feel free to make your favorite dressing or use a store bought vinaigrette.
tomato mozzarella basil salad storage instructions:
This salad is best prepared and served immediately. If there will be leftovers, combine salad ingredients and dress salads individually. Store salad and dressing separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator. Eat salad leftovers within 2 days.
- 12 ounces Salad Greens
- 16 ounces Cherry Tomatoes - whole or halved
- 8 ounces Mini Mozzarella Pearls
- Handful Fresh Basil - chopped or sliced
- 3/4 Cups Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Large Garlic Clove - grated
- 1½ Tablespoons Dried Italian Season
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Ground Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- Salt/Pepper - to taste
- Combine all dressing ingredients in jar with secure lid. Shake vigorously for 30-60 seconds. Or ingredients can be whisked together until fully incorporated.
- Combine greens, tomatoes, mozzarella and basil in large salad bowl.
- Drizzle 1/3 cup Italian Dressing over salad. Toss to coat. Add more dressing to preference.
Makes approximately 1 cup of dressing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 624Total Fat 57gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 41gCholesterol 47mgSodium 595mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 17g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.